In today’s busy world, it can be difficult to find time to think and reflect about some of the bigger issues in our society.
The team at WhiteLight Consulting love TED Talks, bite sized video and audio of speakers from across the globe sharing their ideas. The tagline for TED is “Ideas Worth Sharing” and that’s a concept that ‘s right at the heart of our business. Our work is collaborative. We talk to clients, suppliers, delegates and colleagues to develop ideas, to engage people, to deliver success. We find that planning, managing and communicating is always strengthened by the process of sharing ideas.
And so we are proud to be one of the sponsors for TEDx Drogheda this weekend.
Taking place on Friday 3rd November, the event theme for 2017 is Private Lives / Identity. The speakers have been working hard over the last 2 months to refine their ideas, hone their delivery and engage the audience. And we can’t wait to hear them. The line up is as follows:
- Colin Guilfoyle – a local game developer, talking about Digital Divorce and what cheating online really means.
- Brendan Murray – losing identity upon retirement.
- Keith McEvoy – will be giving a talk on post-job identity crisis. Do we have to build a new #identity when starting a new job?
- Janie Lazar – will be discussing what identity in Ireland really means today, & how nationality is adding to our identity, NOT defining it.
- Alan Costello – how technology is and will be changing our private lives.
- Vinny McCoy – will be sharing his views on how school is sometimes not the answer. Your vision defines who you are!
- Sarah Archer – with a talk on playing roles & wearing masks in public.
- Caradh O’Donovan – winner of several World & European #kickboxing medals, talking about her devastating diagnosis.
This event is a not-for-profit event and there’s a lot of voluntary work goes into making it all happen. Kudos to Anna and the team at The Mill Enterprise Hub in Drogheda for organising this event and to Orlaith Carmody of Gavin Duffy and Associates for all the work in mentoring the TEDx speakers.
Click here to book your tickets … come along, feed your brain with new thoughts and ideas. Make time to think about the big issues in life and leave feeling refreshed, revived and ready to take on the world!